Monday 6 April 2015

Meanderings on Interactions with God...

Blessed is the one...


whose delight is in the law of the Lord,


and who meditates on his law day and night.

Ps. 1:1-2



"You can reject a doctrine, or ignore a concept, or challenge a principle, but it is much more difficult 

to ignore a person.... You cannot have scripture fill your heart and continue to sin against God..." 

-Blackaby


I have been learning to understand what it is to "walk a narrow path" in the last while. There is this 

"thing" that seems to guard my conscience. Actions and thoughts which I would not have ever 

considered to be wrong 6 months ago, have entered my "sin radar" and become warning beacons as I 

go about my daily business. They have come from some place I was not yet aware of, into the light. 

Exposed for what they really are, reminders of where my dependency needs to be every moment of 

every day. It is not a set of rules; (which I had previously believed was the case in the process of 

becoming more Christlike) but more like clouds before the potential storm. I do not feel stifled in 

any way, but am relieved to avoid anything that could otherwise divert my attention from places they 

otherwise have no business being.


How did this begin? Real interactions with God. I know that might sound crazy to some, but that is

exactly where it's at. In conversing with Jesus/ God/ the Holy Spirit, all else becomes secondary.

ALL ELSE. Early mornings of disciplined time alone in scripture, meditating, asking God His heart 

instead of always going on about my own. Interactions that have brought me to such a lovingly lowly 


place that it is only He that could have pulled me back out. The loss of such an intimate relationship 


would be devastating. SO... if ever you pray for someone let it be for their relationship with God. 


ALL ELSE stems from this. ‪#‎Jesusisalive‬

No comments:

Post a Comment