Saturday 25 April 2015

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:1-5

Notice this passage says, "bear fruit". Not make it, produce it... bear it. In the dictionary one of the meanings is: "to produce by natural growth." So if bearing fruit for the Lord is to be natural, why do we strive so hard to do it? Is it possible that we think that the bearing is more important than the abiding? I am certain that if it is difficult to "bear" fruit for God, chances are you are merely producing it, and not doing it with your branches firmly attached to the vine.

"apart from me you can do nothing"

Jesus has said that it is not our activity that produces fruit, but our relationship with him... If we stay attached to the vine, a great harvest will be the natural outcome. If you are finding yourself weighed down with activity, and you feel far from the Father, stop. Take the precious time you need for Him to affirm you, give you new vision, set you back on that narrow path that will produce such a great harvest it will explode through the gates of heaven. Regroup today, your relationship with Him is constant, and will remain forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment