Tuesday 14 April 2015

"When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from 
heaven to destroy them?” Luke 9:54

"People will benefit far more from what God wants to give them than from your best plans. Have you 
been short changing people around you by merely giving them your plans instead of God's?" ~ Blackaby

There are area's and sometimes people that I want to give up on. Let them go, move on without them. 
God doesn't ask us to think that way. It isn't up to us who we leave in the dust, and whom or what we 
come along side. Our opinion in the matter is simply not needed. We need to ask God what he has for 
the situation. I have found that God asks me to wait... and wait, and wait. When it is go time, it is quick, 
and everything locks into place... but it is in the waiting that we need to be faithful. Once again, it is not 
asking what is best for us, but what is best for others.

Its interesting in the verse above when Jesus and the and the disciples were rejected by a Samaritan 
village... James and John were ready to destroy. In Acts 8:14, the same village had responded to the 
gospel, and the same two were sent on their way to teach them.

There are a few things I have wanted to give up on in the last while. I will no more actively engage or 
back off, but ask God and see where he would have me stand in them. I dont want my best for people or 
situations, I want Gods best... Dont you?

No comments:

Post a Comment