Monday 6 April 2015

Unknowningly known Wisdom

"Therefore be careful to observe them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the 
peoples who will hear all these statutes, and say, ‘Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding 
people.’" Deut. 4:6

When I was in my 20's I had an older friend (not a believer) who was going through a really rough time. 
We would sit and discuss her situation(s) for hours. A few times in conversation she was stunned by the 
wisdom that would come out of me. She would say, Jo, You are only 20 something, and you are so wise, 
how did you get that way? Now I would have liked to take credit, but the problem is that I didn't know 
why, in fact I was as surprised as her with what came out of my mouth sometimes. This question made 
me search to understand how such a simple minded young woman could have any understanding of the 
life of a 60 something year old. It hit me the third time she asked, and has humbled me ever since.

This wisdom is not mine. It comes from a childhood of reading the world of God, learning and obeying 
the concepts and having a relationship with the creator of the universe. Ah, me again...simple. Wisdom is 
timeless. It never changes. If you know God, and he has given us the opportunity to know him, then 
wisdom will spill over from out of the depths of your soul. "God's purpose in creating a nation for himself 
was to demonstrate his wisdom to the world through the obedience of His people." (Henry T Blackaby)
Father, let our desire be YOU, let a byproduct of that be wisdom in which to bless others so YOU may be 
glorified.

"In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths."
Prov. 3:6

"pray without ceasing..."
1 Thes. 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment