Tuesday 28 April 2015

On Unity...

"...and there shall be one flock and one shepherd." John 10:16

"How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!"
Psalm 133:1

"I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me." John 22-23

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. Eph. 4:13-16

"Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Eph.4:3

"And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." Col.3:14

Do I promote unity? When people grumble about the church, the Body of Jesus, do I agree, do I argue? Is there a better way? My heart aches when I hear someone grumble. I apologise, I am humble to hear the heart of God, the heart of that person, and respond. What people are really saying when they grumble is that "Gods people failed me or are failing" me in some way. They are hurt. Enter into their pain, do not get defensive. Build that relationship, God is big enough to defend His church, his body, his bride.

Do our churches promote unity? Do others know when they look at our "small part of the body" that we are for other places of worship much like our own. Each church has its own giftings, corporately. When people say, they do this better, or that better, why can we not agree, cheer them on and see it from an eternal perspective? Are we living from that eternal perspective within our churches?

Times are becoming clear cut in society where faith matters are concerned. Know the basics of your faith, your salvation your freedom, your place in the kingdom. Know how to recognise the Holy Spirit so you don't shoo it away. Know how to see the love of Christ though other peoples eyes, so you can know their spirit as you know Christ. Know Gods hand in things so you can become part of what he is already doing.

Father today, please help us to know you to the fullest. As we come to know you, unify us, bring us closer together into your body. Strengthen us through this unity. Help us love one another within the body so that you love is contagious for the world to see. Thank you for including us in your grand plan. Our love is for you is only because you first loved us, we are humble and honoured.

No comments:

Post a Comment