Tuesday 21 April 2015

He said, “Because hands were lifted up against the throne of the Lord, the Lord will be at war against the Amalekites from generation to generation.” Ex.17:16

The Amalekites were a relentless enemy of Gods chosen people. When Gods people were closed to the Promised Land, Amalekites stood in their way. They continuously sought to hinder the progress of God's people.

As you move forward in your relationship with God, there will be Amalekites that will seek to pick at you, distract you and bring you away from your true calling. I was just reminded of something God had asked me to "clean up" yesterday that I had put on the back burner for a better time. "God in determined to remove anything the keeps you from experiencing HIM to the fullest...There is nothing so precious to you that God will not be its avowed enemy if it keeps you from His will for your life." (~Blackaby) We can do this the hard way, or Gods way.

God never gives me the next step until I have been obedient in the step I am currently on. I am looking for the next step, and today I will be obedient in doing what he has asked.

Is there something holding you back from being in full submission to God? Is there something he has asked you to do, or something he is trying to wean you off of so that you can move forward for HIS glory? Join me today in choosing to be obedient.

No comments:

Post a Comment