Wednesday 22 April 2015

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

"A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control."
(Sara Young, Jesus Calling)

This was so timely for me as I have trying to do Strategic planning for YFC. I had been struggling for awhile on details to come from some sort of "plan" I was suppose to have. Yesterday God reminded me of something I had not been obedient in, that I repented of, corrected and moved on. Last night I tapped out five pages of planning that literally came to me like God had poured a bucket of water over my head. (it also helped because I sent out a letter to the prayer team)

This verse:
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (Matt. 7:13-14) is what has latched onto my soul the last 6 months. Even in my time this morning I am reminded of how tight the path God has chosen for me is. (For all of us, really.) Please know that its not a rules thing, but a calling and love, respect and obedience thing. Being reigned in is a joy for me. Doing things outside of Gods will, does not glorify Him, so why would we do them?

Sometimes hearing his voice takes work, work. Sometimes hearing him takes time, take the time. Sometimes it takes obedience, obey. Know his voice. Hear it as clearly as the light from the sun warms the earth. As water quenches thirst. How will you know it is His voice? Human words will not be enough to describe your encounter. You will not leave the same. You will be renewed in your spirit, blinded by the piercing truth of His light, humbled that he takes the time to speak to you in such a way that allows you to experience his love. Seek after it until you hear, nothing is greater on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment