Wednesday 29 April 2015

On Discipleship

"We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ. For this purpose also I labour, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me."
Colossians 1:28-29

"Discipleship is personally transferring the full dimensions of your relationship with Christ to the person you are walking with. IT IS NOT imparting spiritual disciplines as much as it is acquainting another with a person that you love." ~Blackaby

So I ask myself, when I talk about what it is to be a Christian do I share with others the relationship that I have with Jesus, instead of a method of doing. Don't get me wrong, doing is a natural outpouring of our relationship, but it is not the relationship.
Is takes courage and vulnerability to walk with someone and share the heart of God with them. To share what it sounds like when Jesus corrects you as opposed to the other condemning places these things can come from. What does it feel / like, look like to walk in relationship with God moment by moment? In that moment with them? What does Jesus tell you about them? I know there is a strong fear that in sharing these things we could put the Bible by the waste side, or manipulate the other person in some way... But I'm asking that the Bible always be the power by which you are lead, in the Spirit.

I can only think of one person that shared their actual intimate relationship with me word for word, the heart of where they were at, the heart of where they felt God was at, and told me that is what it was. People know the truth when they hear it. I was only a child and I resonated with the truth of what I heard.

Would you take that risk today? Share the heart of God and what he is doing in your life personally with someone, and tell them it is through your relationship with God that you know this. Yes, have a Biblical basis always for what you speak... but give their spirit a chance to respond to the truth God has planted in you. If it is an affirmation of who they are to Jesus, or a personal experience... Be that living example of what it looks like to walk daily with the Lord, to have full joy in it, and pass it to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment