Monday 20 April 2015

Something really resonated with me in a way I had never really known yesterday in the sermon. #3 was "I recharge my SOUL with BEAUTY". the context was Psalm 23:2-3 :

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.

What I understood from what our Pastor said was that to refresh our soul, God gives us beauty. Overwhelming beauty to see, beauty to hear, wonderful things to smell. God has given us senses not only to Help us in life, but also to experience a small glimpse of HIS beauty, and be recharged by it.

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." (1 Cor. 13:12)

What we see here is but a shadow of what is to come. HOPE for what is to come.

Have you ever woken up to the sound of the birds celebrating the rain on a spring morning? Have you ever been warmed and then taken over by a sunrise? Have you ever smelled a lush forest in the middle of the summer as it nourishes itself into the dry season? Have you had your being recharged by the beauty that the creator, (the one who sent his son to rescue you) has given you to get and keep your attention? He gives us these things to recharge our soul. Allow your soul to be recharged today, and don't forget to lay yourself out before your maker to thank and praise Him for giving us not just beauty, but the senses to be overwhelmed by it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment