Monday 27 April 2015

"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." John 17:3

"Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one."
John 17:11b

"I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world."
John 17:14

“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
John 14:20-21

Can you hear Jesus heart as he prays this? I can almost feel his anticipation for the future of his influence as it grows and meets us in this time, today. I wonder what it looks like for us as believers to be one. Gods heart for the unity of his people. To act as mediators rather than team leaders against other teams.

Today I am deeply convicted and compassionate about what Gods heart is in the unity of believers. He has left us every possible means by what he has prayed for us to thrive in this world. What does it mean to live in unity with one another? Seek him out with me on this one.

Father, today my prayer is for your people. The ones you have called to be your own. Give us grace to love one another the way Jesus has shown us. Help us put off any past issues and pick up this cross of unity to bear up under it with one another. Break us so that we are not proud, build us up so that we are no longer our own, and send us forward as your body a powerful blazing torch for your glory. Thank you for this honour, i am humbled you would call us by name to be your children. Our hope and all we are is in you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment