Thursday 23 April 2015

(PART 2)

"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

I know I looked at these verses yesterday, but I needed to look at them again today, from a different perspective.

Have you ever done what God has asked you in mans way to please man, thinking that as long as you were doing what God asked you, He would be pleased? I wonder if How we do things for God is more important that what we do for Him. Trailing in an not so obvious second is listening to the popularity and perceived needs of man vs. waiting and doing it How God has asked you and when he has asked you to do it. I can depend and look to the wisdom and experience of man, but much of that is based in a fallen and sin ridden world. What if God is hoping to renew the how through you? If something has not worked for someone else, do we then not try? EVEN when you have felt God prompting to do the what the same, but change drastically in the How?

We need to stop caring what others would do, and instead do God has asked us to do. Sometimes that can look messy, sometimes it can look like more work. Sometimes you might loose the popularity of man, get the disapproval of man, but in the end what you have done is an eternal act of obedience that will echo far beyond the reaches of the here and now. There are reasons that God asked us to do things a certain way, and a lot of the time it is not about YOU. It must be about the kingdom. Suck it up, allow yourself to have a drop "in the polls" and watch Him be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment