Friday 24 April 2015

When we are hungry, we eat. If our spirit is starving, we often try to fill our hunger with things in the physical world that wont satisfy. That spiritual desire has been put there by God. There are days when we feel like we are lacking. Know your vice. Know the things you start to do (or start to think) when you are feeling spiritually hungry. Treat them as triggers to get you closer to God. As hunger pangs are a prompt to eat, so the path to filling your spirit by physical means can be a trigger back to filling your soul with Jesus.

A very tangible example of this for me is internet shopping. As soon as I find myself surfing for new shoes, clothes, accessories, I immediately ask myself, what am I avoiding with God, or why am I trying to fill my spirit with on-line shopping. On-line shopping is not a sin... but when it becomes an automatic go to in a stress time, instead of God, then it is.

Anything that attempts to fill my spiritual needs other than God is sin.

Today bring into your awareness the things that you go to instead of feasting at the table prepared for you by our Lord. Ask God for forgiveness for substituting those things instead of going to Him first. Your spirit does not need to starve. Jesus said, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." (John 6:35) Choose to believe this today.

When your spirit is satisfied, the rest of your world will fall into place as a secondary need, as it should.

" If you are lacking something spiritually, it is not because Go does not have an abundance of resources prepared and available for you. It is you that have not come to Him in faith as He invites." ~Blackaby
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (John 10:10)


You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Psalm 23:5

No comments:

Post a Comment