Thursday 9 April 2015

The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Ex. 33:14

In the verses before this Moses says to God, "If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you."  If you are a believer or a follower of Jesus, God's presence is always with you. What is our part in "I will give you rest?" Moses asks God to teach him HIS way so that he may know God.  It is in our desire to know God that therein lies the key.  If I pray for problems to go away, think on them, obsessively make plans for them, where is my focus?  If I use that same energy to focus on who God is, what he has done, and what future hope I have because of him, those problems look pretty small in comparison.  Train your mind to be active, not passive.  Do not shift into neutral in your thoughts.  

Father today help my focus to be on you.  May I be aware of your constant presence, and picture you as the focus of every conversation and every forward movement I make in this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment