Friday 12 June 2015

"The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation." Genesis 7:1

"Your life has influence on those around you. Your spouse and your children are profoundly affected by your choices. Your co-workers, your neighbours, and your friends will all be impacted by your life. As the world tries to persuade people to follow its standard, your life should stand in stark contrast as an example of a righteous person. Your life should convince others of the wisdom of following God. Do not underestimate the positive effect that your obedience will have upon those close to you." - Henry Blackaby

I was both excited and overwhelmed with this reading this morning. With all the things that I can do right there are 10 things that I can do wrong. It is only by Gods grace that we are invited and brought into the kingdom. When I am focused of God, and not on people or situations, rules slip off the to do list, and relationship with the one true God takes over. I can get caught up in who is doing what and if I measure up to this or that persons standards, but in the end, I stand before my Lord. Will I be able to look him square in the eye or will I have my face buried in shame? Have I made myself known to Him today, or have I hidden myself for fear of how He may want to change me into His likeness? Is he able to trust me with the deep things of His heart? Do I hear Him when he does speak?

Today be challenged into relationship with God. Not in the rules of what is right or wrong, but into hearing from God, being overwhelmed with God. If you are in communion, with Christ as he is in the Father, then although the rules bring you closer, they will not be the goal. This takes time, more work and energy... Nothing has satisfied until this, for me. Always ask for more of Him, thirst after more, and you will find slowly and daily you will be satisfied beyond any earthly desire you have ever had.

His well is deep, and will not run dry.

"Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

“Sir,” the woman said, “you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it himself, as did also his sons and his livestock?”

Jesus answered, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”" John 4:10-15

"Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”"
John 4:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment