Saturday 13 June 2015

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."
~Paul (Romans 8:26-27)

Have you ever had the depths of your heart feel like it cannot run any deeper? Like there is no more air left at the end of your lungs and suddenly there seems to be? Something took your breath away only to be given one more, that seemed to have held every other breath you have had for an eternity? In the Spirit I am not always able to put together words to express my humble heart in the light of His greatness. I become quiet, allowing the Spirit to overwhelm and encase any lost or unknown pieces of me God needs to bring to my attention and change, redeem.

The Spirit is gentle, but firm. Overwhelming but not controlling. Known and yet hidden. Inviting and persistent. Mysterious but yet in focus.

Father thank you for sending a part of yourself to search us out, and know us better than we could know ourselves. Forgive us when we do not obey, and grieve you, and your desire to fellowship. Show us how and increase our desire to stay in continual fellowship with you, your Spirit. Search me and know me this day. Every part of me. Bring into my concious the things you want to change. Give me strength in you to change them so that you are glorified. All of my being for you. Praise be to the God that never keeps us where we are clinging to our own means, and instead invites us into eternal riches and the sharing of being joint heirs in His kingdom. What an honour it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment