Sunday 21 June 2015

On the way to the Cross

Resonating words from the message this morning...
The intimate whispers of Jesus to his father before his journey to the cross can be found in the John 17... in regards to us vs 20-23:
My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
Ah, yes the reminder of how closed minded I am in the desire to be with Christ in heaven rather than having him IN me while I am on earth. The beautiful transformation from sinner to saint, from independence to interdependence and world culture to Biblical lens.
The difference between forgiveness of sins and living free as Gods child in His family. "We are built to need one another...Your strength is found in other people's weakness, you weakness is found in other people's strength... If you pull yourself away from the body you will damage yourself, and you damage others... Interdependence is the greatest act of evangelism we could ever have... Living in unity with one another makes others hungry for Jesus..." Dr. Dave Smith
This message was so paralleled with what God has been speaking to me this morning that it took all i had in me not to jump up and say AMEN a few times in service this morning. It brought tears to my eyes as confirmation of so many things the Father has laid before me and invited me to partake in.
The crazy thing is, God had prepared my heart to hear this exact message. 10:30 pm rolled around last night, and I was stuck on the word unity, so i did a comprehensive words study on it... then this morning, with the message. How many more ways can the creator speak toward the same theme? Am feeling humbled, and overwhelmed by a God so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment