Thursday 2 July 2015

In reading Romans 10-13 this morning I feel humbled.  So many things don't make sense in the world, and yet, Gods will is being done right before our eyes.  My hearts desire is to see beyond what does not make sense, into the understanding of who God is, His plan and what He is doing. 

Give me your eyes, beyond this temporal place, not my home.

Can you show me what is meant when I am laughed at and made fun of for my faith? What is it when My patience has come to its end and I am forced to fall, fighting back into your arms, becoming overwhelmed in your beauty, your grace, and warmth of your love?  When brothers are crucified for believing with so much conviction. Can you show me what is meant with my spiritual eyes when a child gases upon the tomb of family that will never be seen again, or parents that fight and plead and beg for the soul of a child gripped by the evils of addiction.  When suffering overtakes light, when masses are disregarded as nothing, and generations lost to the darkness of this place... When your creation gives up of itself, cracks and explodes from the groans of waiting years for the return of its master, its Lord, the uncreated One. 

The Physical is not meant to be understood.  We live in a place not meant for those bound by the restriction / by the freedoms of our eternal home.  

I cannot explain to an ant why I discipline my children, or how they are fed.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are your ways higher than my ways and your thoughts than my thoughts.

What you reveal I will stand in.  This morning once again the scales have been removed, and deeper into your heart and mind I will stay.  Ever focused on you. Give me eyes that see and hear the whispers of hope for what is to come.  Help me to see people the way you see them, situations in all wisdom for the glory of your name.  This temporary home and all it gives for what it is, ever pointing my homesick heart to be lost in your never ending eyes.  Tip my head up, let us know your pleasure this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment