Monday 13 July 2015

 "God also said to Moses, “I am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name the Lord I did not make myself fully known to them." Ex. 6:2-3

"God will continue to reveal himself to you according to your needs and his purposes.  You will come to know more and more about Him as you come to obey Him. When you grieve, he will become your comforter.  When you are in need, he will be your provider.  When you face a serious challenge, He will reveal that he is God almighty"  Henry Blackaby

This morning I woke up with a strong sense of being renewed.  I can go through dry spells, and great pastures of lush freedom and understanding. But this morning I know God in a grace filled, "all of your striving will never be enough" kind of way that has allowed me to rest for a week or so.  I had not felt far away, just like it was alright to snuggle longer in the morning with the girls, while I spoke to my Lord.  Like it was alright to be in fellowship with people in the community down at the beach rather than isolate myself in the office at home.  It is a season of learning that the box I had to put myself in for God is much more free moving that I had ever dreamed.  Constantly through and in my heart, as He has also written his testimony  on my life and in my mind.  I'm sure there will be times of needed and focused structure for my own discipline, but today i know my Lord as my constant.  Through His spirit, and His word.

Father show us when the different seasons of our lives need to be refocused.  When it is time to go out, or time to stay in, both in our spirits and in our physical bodies.  I am excited to see what this day in you brings and know that you have gone before us.  Have us be searching you around every corner and in the hearts of others to see you everywhere in and through all today.  We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment