Thursday 16 July 2015

"So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have.  I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,  because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.  And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things." ~ Paul, 2 Peter 1:12-15 (NIV)

Because it is Christ through me, a succession plan should always be in the works.  Because what I do in my calling is from God, it is only appropriate to always be open to my replacement and how that process may look.  Not just in the little things I don't mind giving up, but also in the things i love to do, and am specifically gifted to do.  

My calling is not "mine". It is a passing through of the work that needs to be done on earth.  Gods hand over mine, Gods son crucified and resurrected in my will, the Holy spirit giving nudges and my obedience part of my job description.  

It is meant to humble. It is meant not to be me. It is meant for my gaze to continually be in caught up in the eyes of my Savior.  Why would I not want to be a slave to the work of the King; even as he has chosen to call me His daughter.  Knowing my place in Christ, being who Christ had given his life for me to be is a job description.  My heart is continually laid out before him for Him to do in and through me what he must accomplish.  Once again bringing me back to a place of my gaze in Christ Jesus.  In the ready.  In the waiting, continually retreating back to the arms of my daddy in Heaven after the harsh treatment of the world has given another blow.

In the ridicule, it is Him , not I that takes on the hurt.  In the success it is Him that takes the glory, not me. It is all Him.  Both in the insult, and in the gain.  

In this, His power passes through, and He will always seek out others like me, my replacement, someone far greater in the kingdom. I scan, I seek them out as a recruiter for the great army.  The successor of a kingdom that is not of this world, a ruler that to have it all they must first have nothing.  And to have nothing will posses the keys to a kingdom that will never pass.  

Father keep us always focused on your succession plan for this world.  In Jesus Name, do not let the flesh of this world tempt us to hold onto what is never intended to be held onto.  Humble our lives for your will to pass through us to others.  You are everything, let us never forget your goodness to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment