Monday 6 July 2015

"Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it—I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while— yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death." ~Paul (2 Cor. 7:8-10)

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." 2 Cron. 7:14

"...and leaves no regret..." Are you struggling with regret about the past?  Or worse, looking forward with dread of potential regret?  Repentance is a full 180 direction changer.  God can redeem every part of your past for His glory.  If you are sitting in regret, chances are, you have not fully repented. If you have chosen to move forward and have left the past to God, to redeem it, flip it and use it to His glory there will be no room for regret.  You will trust that God will use past things to shape you, others...

"...will humble themselves..." Being transparent for me transfers to being humble.  Being transparent with my husband and my children is even more humbling.  Being always open to correction, open to admitting my shortcomings, and always being reminded of the fact that it is only by the grace of God that HE HAS redeemed my past, and continues to work out my redemption moment by moment as I live for Him.

Both repentance and being humble are a process. Living in a posture of the two combined, (seasoned with grace and driven by love) is the closest thing to Christ-likeness I will become this side of Heaven.

Father, help us to see ourselves as we are.  Help us to have true sorrow of our sinful actions, and desire a full 180 to change in your power for you.  Help us be your children.  Children of the one and only true God. For your glory, and the glory of your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment