Friday 12 July 2019

"Taking my choice away... "

"At the age of 18 I wish someone would have taken away my right to choose. I had the right to choose. I choose to have unprotected sex that resulted in pregnancy."

And it was in this moment that I realized that not all 18 year olds are ready to make the decision to take another human beings life. She wishes now that the law would have protected her unborn child. It is not a question of choice, but rather consequence that now haunts her.

"Somone else shouldnt have to pay for my mistake. We suffer the consequences of our own mistakes. but instead I choose to kill my mistake, rather thank deal with it."

There was no one to walk beside her, no doctor had councelled her on who to talk to.  She was 18, she was alone, and she saw no way out.

"It took me a really long time to forgive myself. Forgiving others is easy. Forgiving self and accepting forgiveness is much more difficult."

We hear about the need to choose, but we are forcing our girls to choose with no education, is that really a choice? If you were given the choice to murder or not murder, which would you choose?

THAT in my opinion is the issue at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment