Saturday 22 April 2017

Letter to my child...

I see your search. I watch you watching others, and I know what you think, how you think and what you say before you say it.

I know you fear trust, to care too much, hold too tightly onto the things that have hurt you. To give another change in the hopes of my redemption grasping their heart, their home.

I know it is too much for you to imagine the closeness that I hold inside of you. That we are one, but you are you, and are slowly being convinced that becoming like me is your only option... death to self a sacred, proven path.

I see you strive, when all you are today is all you will ever need to be. We are enough. I see you crawl, when flying has always been an option. I see you try to hide, when you shine so bright in this world, surrounded by darkness.

I see your questions when mysteries cannot be pealed back from behind hidden skies... confusion when walking through the valley's with no answers... but here, outside of time I know you in the end, and hold you on the other side... this moment a mere pinprick on your lifespan in eternity.

I see demons bow, and angels kneel when your heart is mine. And on the days you feel far from me, on days when this fallen place pushes and pulls, and pain distracts, I am still no farther away then the blood that pulses through your heart, as I dwell deeply and richly in the ones I have chosen...

And you are chosen. Bought, paid for and have the deposit to prove it. This shell you show in the physical is not forever... your true beauty bursting forth and flows from my heart... the one who holds the oceans in the palm of my hands.

Let me hold your tears, and carry your sorrow. And as a child waits for the return of ice cream after a cold, hard winter, anticipate my return. In the Spring fog, and low laying clouds, anticipate my arrival, the mystery, the word, the saviour in human form once again.

I am with you, I have never left you, and will never leave you.


No comments:

Post a Comment