Wednesday 29 March 2017

Forced Stop

Flipping through an old Bible this morning, I was forced to stop and stare a little boy in the face that I once knew... Blue eyes, blond hair, life glowing through and around Him. If ever I had been allowed to have a favourite, it was Him.
Flipping through my warn out Bible, there is are a few pictures that slow me down, pace my time. This boy, (and there have been two) graced my life for but a short time, and is no longer with us. I will Never forget the time I spoke to him about Baby Jesus at Christmas... His eyes lit up with wonder, and as pictures of the creator being wrapped in human skin dance across is eyes, I knew God had spoken to his innocent little heart. The time he asked if God talks back, and when told yes, went about His day as speaking to the master and hearing back was like talking to a best friend.
I am so grateful for the stop, the reminder, to be given a heart's tug to to my life purpose. It is the exact reason I keep precious things in the most precious book I own. To be stopped, to be reminded...
Do you have things that remind you of your life's purpose? That point you back to the reason you live and breath? Do they irritate you, or do they remind you to surrender and loosen grip of a life that is not yours?
Looking forward to the day that little Robert can run with me, be carried on my hip, and answer every question I have ever had about my Jesus, the Lord of my life, and my savior.
"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment