Friday 20 April 2018

Here it comes, the BIG 40.

40: As the day approaches, I struggle to reach down to connect with the place in myself that actually knows what I think or feel around this whole occasion.

What I once thought I would be and want have all faded into lesser things, become less specific, or less tangible. There is no earthly position, no physical thing that has filled or settled, calmed or held me like this. There are moments outside of time, glimpses of eternity that we are invited into that trace a narrow path to revelation. Quite often we miss them because these paths begin with a choice, an act of obedience that is far outside our understanding, faith or capacity. This invite beckons us into something so grand, although we rarely know it at the time of the invitation. Seasons of obedience, seasons of revelation... then what I have learned to live for... That I wont give up for anything less now, in my 40th year of life...

That sweet spot where the pleasure of the Father rests on his people... and he lets me know it. 

Those moments have come in waves for the last year. A sort of heavenly addiction that could not surpass any other. The glance of a saviour, the hand of the Father tilting my chin up to know heaven has opened and the Father had made it so, on earth as it is in heaven. As these moments become more frequent, I cant help but wonder how my human eyes will survive the next 40 years.

And for me, this is it. Seasons of obedience that lead to revelation that lead to knowing it is all as it should be on earth, as it is in Heaven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment