Wednesday 22 November 2017

Closer to the Heart of God...

I have noticed something happening to me over the last 2-3 years; I'm becoming more sensitive. Now some of us might say, "yup, almost 40, it is about that time"... but this morning I have realized something different...
Turning my eye from the disgust we see on TV, looking just a little too long in the eyes of a lonely elderly woman, gasping at the number of unborn girls killed each year, and sobbing for the lives of children sold into forced sex... I am broken... and knowing that there is nothing new under the sun brings me absolutely no comfort.
Heart becomes hard, needing once again to hate and not trust... turn inward, shutting it all out, independence, fear, bound for isolation once again... but as my eyes shift their gaze from hell to hope, from lost to found, focus is found. My heart has become tender to brokenness because daily I beg to see, I beg to know the heart of my Heavenly Father... and it is so tender and broken for the world around us.
It is not in me to open my heart up to the broken, to see what only a few dare to see... to loose my heart to find it again in Jesus. There is comfort in loosing something to gain an understanding of the sacred spaces and places He allows...
So yes, as I become older I am also being sensitive, but I would like to think it is not hormones with age... but rather experiencing the suspension of a heart bound for better places, and loving those that don’t yet see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment