Sunday 10 May 2015

On expectations...

"I have found that when my anxiety gets too high I have some uncontrollable expectations on myself that may or may not be realistic. Shift your expectations to more eternal ones, ones that God gives you rather than the physical ones that others or you may not have any control over because they rely in some way on others. Set expectations at a very God centred place. An example of this, is, have I shown patience and love to everyone I am in contact with? Am I walking in the moment with God? Am I doing as God has asked of me? Am I more concerned with God approval of me than others? If all of our expectations are focused in eternal promises God has said he will fulfil if we do our part, then they are realistic and within our control. Unfortunately most of the time they are based in our obedience, and this can be very difficult... But the amazing thing about that is He has already forgiven our lack of what ever, and we are hidden with Christ..."

"You need to have thick skin to be a leader. Allow all insults and hurts to be filtered through the cross. Jesus has already taken on the pain of what that person said to hurt you, let the hurt stay at the cross, let it come to you without any feeling attached, assess, and if change needs to happen do it. Criticism from others is just a quick way of them telling you in their opinion you didn't meet their mark, their expectations. That's ok, because your expectations in yourself are eternal right?"

No comments:

Post a Comment