Friday 15 May 2015

“Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”
Genesis 22:12

"Our difficulty is not that we don't know Gods will. Our discomfort comes from the fact that we do know His will, but we do not want to do it.

...The pinnacle of Abraham's walk of faith was when God asked him to sacrifice the one thing that meant more to him than anything else...

...God did not ask him to make such a significant sacrifice at the beginning of their relationship...

...Are you ready for Gods next revelation?..."
(Henry T Blackaby)

This morning I am hit square between the eyes from this one. As I ask the Holy Spirit to search out what God is asking me to sacrifice he has already whispered it as I ask. It is nothing physical. He has already mostly weaned me of those things. It is not something I can check off a list, or be measured in human terms. It will take every ounce of discipline in me to do, every piece of humble submission to overcome. It has been an area I have seen Satan use in a moment against me, and as healing takes place, I should have seen it coming...

An emptying of fearful need and the filling of acceptance. It is all in the moment, all obedience. Its a big one, perhaps the big one. It is a spirit language of agreement between the Father and I. A sobering reserve of sorts that must be done, as one place dies, and another is reborn. There is no try, there is only do.

Is there anything that he is asking from you today? A sacrifice to draw you closer? A sacrifice to bring Him glory? A marker, alter built as a landmark in time, build to the glory of our God. A reminder of his faithfulness, of what is yet to come. Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment