Tuesday 5 May 2015

..."and they said, “May the Lord look on you and judge you! You have made us obnoxious to Pharaoh and his officials and have put a sword in their hand to kill us.”
Exodus 6:21
Am I more concerned about the changes that will happen when I am set free from a habit or a situation, a lie I have believed. The Israelites were more concerned with Pharaoh and his potential reaction to Moses and his "let my people go" than they were concerned about pleasing God. They were upset with Moses for disrupting their life of slavery, that was their familiarity, the life some of them had only ever known.
I remember waiting in my sin, fearing the change that I knew would inevitably have to happen if I wanted to be free. Change of the unknown is scary. I am learning to trust God as each wrung from each chain is dropped from my body. Yes having those things removed can temporarily be painful, difficult, not what you may have expected, make you look silly, strip you of your pride. But this is only temporary to the beginning of a life in full freedom and relationship with Jesus Christ, in the eternal.
My Exodus from slavery, from Egypt has been a constant and slow moving journey. One, taking on obedience, for the potential of many. Comfort was not an option when you look at what God accomplished through His people. Comfort is not an options when you look at your full potential in what God is accomplishing in you and through you. Have you been asked to live a life of comfort? One step at a time, as you walk in step with the Lord. Don't put off what he has asked of you today. Be Obedient in the now, and trust that as you walk into the desert with him, He will be the soul provider in all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment