Monday 11 May 2015

On correction...
(you know it will be a great week when your first revelation is all about correction... Pray for me!)

"Wounds from a friend can be trusted,
but an enemy multiplies kisses"
Proverbs 27:6

..."But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes someone’s life, that person’s life will be taken because of their sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood..." Ezekiel 33:6

Also read story of Zacchues (Luke 19:1-10)

"Jesus loved His friends too much to condone or comfort them in their sin."
(Blackaby)

"Are you a friend of such integrity that you would risk wounding your friend in order to deter them from their sin?" (Blackaby)

This subject of correction WITHIN THE BODY has always been a difficult one for me. On one hand, we have the Holy Spirit to convict, on the other hand we all tend to have blind spots. So when is it ok to correct?

If I speak from personal experience, with being the corrected, I can say that the times I was corrected and as a result desired change was when I knew the person loved me more than I was loving myself, (Gods love through His people). They showed me that what I was living and doing were not who I was. They showed me that there was something much better for me, and I did not need to stoop to a sinful place to get what I needed. They always affirmed Christ in me. Their eyes were on Jesus, on the kingdom. Nothing was said with personal gain in mind, but for the glory of God.

Few things break Gods heart more than watching a child of his who has been rescued from drowning jump over the edge for fear of what may be on the boat.

Correction does not have to be a difficult thing. In fact I would say that we all need it for growth. I like to hear my correction from the Holy Spirit, but when I have a blind spot, I need to be attentive to hear what Jesus is saying through my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Father make us always drawing near to your heart. Help us to bypass potential hurt for the betterment of our relationship with you and the kingdom, and help us to only correct when it is offered to us as a loving word from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment