Thursday 1 October 2015

Running stop signs

I ran a stop sign the other day. 50 meters behind me a car laid on its horn. I looked in the rear view mirror at the car stopped at the same sign and said WOW I just ran a stop sign! I drive that street every single day, how in the world could I have forgotten that there was a stop sign there? Would I have even noticed has the person behind me not honked?

God immediately says, this is how it looks when my children point out one anothers mistakes. There is a quick slap of the wrist or pull of the arm, truth is revealed, and the mistake maker is thankful for the reminder of the stop sign. Or are they? Are we? Was I?

The interesting part for me is the blessing in someone pointing out I had made a mistake. Its not like they wanted me to go back and correct it. They simply wanted to remind me that there was indeed a reason to stop there.

Next time you are corrected for a simple mistake, have a little grace. Humble your puffed up self, come back down to earth with the rest of us to enjoy a little fellowship in the mistake makers club. Its going to happen... and if your in the right community people honk because they love. Any other motivation is Gods business, not yours. Mind your honkin' buisness:)

No comments:

Post a Comment