Thursday 13 August 2015

Park, poolside, swimming lessons had begun.  In looking around I was drawn to those I knew, but they were leaving, their kids done with lessons.  I waited for my oldest in the pool, as my youngest taunted my grace interacting with strangers, beckoning my constant watch.

I threw out a line to another mom.  She nibbled and threw it back, and so our conversation began.  As the conversation continued she shared.  As she shared and a common love for a common Savior emerged.  She spoke of addiction.  She spoke of the desperation, the falls, the blessings, and then the touch of Jesus.  The moment, heart wrenching, emptying of self and call to our Lord.  The physical touch and all consuming love, from her knees she had known and felt the arms of Jesus.  "All consuming and total complete love, complete love".

As she spoke, my spirit danced with hers, rejoicing in Gods love, grace, goodness.  She spoke a message of thankfulness for past suffering.  A message not understood by many, and the few that do are left changed for another destination, another calling and purpose.  Perspective flipped in a 180. A 180 into the most brilliant light, an overwhelming filling of the human heart, a rebirth, metamorphosis of the soul.  Longings filled, searching found, and filled to the brim of every goodness your life on earth can experience.

In the moment, I almost fell to my knees overwhelmed by her testament wanting to praise God for His goodness.. the word goodness cannot come close containing the truness of His essence.  My eyes were taken over by tears, and had I spoken at the wrong moment, I would had caught my breath in a sob of relief for the woman she once was. Her story that morning like a gentle kiss from a parent in a sacred moment never to be forgotten. So grateful for this gift, simply hearing the story of one masterpiece molding to His image...

Today, throw a line... you may be surprised where God beacons you onto holy ground, with another child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment