Sunday 4 September 2016

Back to School Prayer...

 
Little hands hold mine, little feet with new little shoes, and little minds focused on the next shiny thing that passes before their little eyes.
 
I Pray...
 
Holding every precious piece of them from birth until this moment, a sacred ungluing of the heart, a release, for them to be carried in the Fathers hands, Fathers heart into a whole new world. A place I will not be part of. A place where they will discover, learn, unlearn, experience life beyond this home.
 
I Pray...
 
Fighting the urge to keep them close one more day, one more snuggle, one more life giving hug...
 
I Pray...
 
for minds that know the truth of who God is, and who they are.
for hearts that feel Holy Spirits presence, love, grace for self and others.
for lips to be bold in proclaiming Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
for wisdom flowing from the throne room of the Father into the lives of those that lead the minds of the future. For mercy, for patience, for Love that has a name, and has covered a multitude of sin.
 
for the protection of innocence, from evil, untruth, from the powers and principalities that desire to pervert, steal, kill and destroy that of which God has made to be good, beautiful, light and all that has been, will be, and is being redeemed.
 
Holy Spirit as a rushing wind filling the void in every hallway, before, beside and behind every child searching for a life made to worship their creator, our God, our Lord, Jesus Christ.
 
For You, Jesus to be known in every part of this, your world. A beautiful reclaiming of the sacred.
 
I Pray for the mom, the dad, grandmother, grandfather and guardian to fill this new void with you. To place anxiety, fear, worry, and loneliness at the feet of Jesus. To rest, be renewed, and fill every moment with the awareness of your presence in their lives. To trust a good good Father. To believe the words they read in your word, and the song they sing with their lips in their hearts.
 
As the bus pulls up, hold my gasp of surrender, wipe my tears, and hush the silent cry of my being to go with them where they are. I release them to you, they have always been yours. Please hold their little hands as they go... they will need you. With head buried in your chest, I feel your heart beat for every child on the beginning of this new journey. Trust. I trust your goodness. Even when I don't want to, when it hurts, when all I want to do is have one more moment. I trust. I pray.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment