Monday 25 July 2016

Basic Camp recovery 101...

Last week I helped out at church camp. 170 kids, 7:30 am until 5:30 pm... 5 days of camp.

HOME: dishes, laundry, vacuuming and cleaning

SPIRIT: Reading the word, listening, Praying

Daily disciplines that show I care. Daily chores that show signs of life.

Monday the following week I am left depleted. Depleted but still still caught in the undertow of love in my heavenly Father... Still needing to do general maintenance around the house, general maintenance in my Spirit.

Seasons... I know. Grace... I hear ya.

As much as I don't miss doing the dishes or laundry, I do miss the peace having it finished brings. I miss the cleanliness, the making it shiny and new.

I do miss the doing and praying and reading, spending focused time with Jesus... The consequences being much the same as the above. I miss being made clean, the process of being renewed.

Recovery from a weeks chaos. He will move swiftly to get me caught up on all I have missed out on this week. He had never stopped moving, I had slowed in my seeking...

...and even in my slowing there is a plan... and in the awareness of it all He works for the good of those who seek Him with their whole heart.

Recovery... Grace... Getting caught up... all part of the plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment