Sunday 27 December 2015

A friend of mine told me she read a book awhile ago that suggested asking God for a word at the beginning of a new year... to watch how that word is brought to life, and weaves its way in and through your life that year.  Growth, Healing, learning.

I'm not a fan of new years resolutions, but the word thing was something that resonated with me. One year it was "wait", then next is was "grace".  And as I have been moving closer in time toward the year 2016, as I look both inward and outward... Public, private, ministry, world, corporate and family, I have been given my word.

I hesitate to write it for fear of a horrible accountability following. But will for fear of a greater conviction not being followed through on...

LOVE.

L-O-V-E, Love.

Have struggled.  Have struggled greatly.  I have always known how to love. Usually, in the Lord I do what it looks like to love.  But rarely to never do I FEEL love.  Leading up to this "love" year I have often wondered what it might be like to know what it feels like to be loved, what it feels like to love. I know truth isn't based in our feelings, but in fact.  I have cleared that hurdle (when wanting to) for many years.  I can do things that show love, especially when love isn't felt...  But oh, to love when love is to be felt.  This is a struggle.

I think, maybe, maybe this may be that year.  Feeling Love toward God and feeling His love back.  Feeling love toward others and feeling their love back.  Knowing God shields us, protects us.  Knowing love is not blind.

God is love.  All that love is.  Including the feeling.  Maybe the feel with come this year with the choice.  Dare i ask for Him to change my heart?  To feel the love I have chosen for so many years?

No comments:

Post a Comment